- This event has passed.
“Do Good to Be Happy” with Tamiko Hayashi
May 3, 2017 @ 19:30-21:00¥4000
Tamiko Hayashi founded the non-profit organization Social Concierge in 2007 to promote a sustainable and mindful lifestyle. Social Concierge produces creative and editorial publications as well as many events and workshops, e.g. organic cooking seminars and green lifestyle workshops. In 2008, Tamiko founded Wtree Inc. with her sister, Romiyo Hayashi, which is an ethical fashion and lifestyle business that offers ethical branding, marketing and public relations to a variety of clients such as “PICA Yamanaka-ko”, the first sustainable resort in Japan, and an Eco Village in ChiangMai, Thailand.
Tamiko was a public relations specialist for several European luxury fashion brands such as RODO, Herno etc., prior to starting her companies. She has been running an ethnical knit brand called SHOKAY using yak yarns as its Japan representative office director for the purpose of supporting Tibetan tribes in remote areas of China. In addition, she produces SHOKAY for TOHOKU project which includes hand knit items, working with women with high knitting skills who live in prefectures that suffered from Tohoku tsunami and Fukushima nuclear disaster.
Tamiko’s passion for sustainability and fashion has resulted in the creation of multiple lifestyle blogs which includes Vogue Japan since 2009, Japanese fashion magazine Dress since 2012, as well as a column titled “Ethical Notebook by Social Concierge” in Environmental Newspaper since 2015. In addition, she is writing a column article series titled “ ABCs of Mindful Fashion” since last October in a fashion business newspaper which will be released as a book later this year.
As a Find Your Element Leader, Tamiko Hayashi will aim to show you:
- Hints for maintaining a sustainable happiness through doing good in your daily life
- How to change our perception of doing good for others with expectations to without for ultimate happiness
- How to multiply happiness through mindful fashion
- Intro & Personal Journey
- Reasons for My Challenge to DGBH every day for 365 days
- Suggestions for DGBH from Things I Did
- The Unexpected Results of DGBH
- Mindfulness in Everyday Life and through Fashion
- Seven Reasons Why My Cancer Disappeared and Other Miracles